STUDENT ARTISTS (K-8): What creatures live in your dreams? Are they fuzzy and cute or scaled and fierce? Do they have wings or horns? How many eyes do they have? Get your crayons, colored pencils, or paints out and show us the best of your imagination!
We’re inviting students grades K-8 to draw us an incredible imaginary animal. A team of professional artists will select pieces from student submissions and recreate the animal in their chosen medium!
ADULT & HIGH SCHOOL ARTISTS: We are looking for artists of all mediums who would like to join in our 2024 celebration of the imagination by applying to become one of the IMAGINATION MENAGERIE artists!
If selected, you will be required to:
- Select one imaginary animal drawn by a student
- Recreate that animal in your chosen medium
- Photograph your work by April, 2024.
- Bring your finished work to Lakewood Center for the 2024 Festival (dates are pending, but it will likely be on Father’s Day or just before).
- Price the finished piece for sale. The Festival will retain a 40% commission, so please price your work accordingly!